#online #pals #course
If you needed serious medical transportation to some location in or out of the country for a family member or close friend, would you have a clue what to do or even know who to contact? Well, welcome to the world of medical transports, commercial medical escort service, international air ambulance service to places out of the United States, air ambulance service, and even long distance medical transportation service for the elderly. Most folks in this country, for the most part, probably didn t know these type of services existed unless you were personally involved. The fact is that medical transport is big business, not only here in America, but around the world as well. That said, here is a list of the various options you have should you require assistance:
* Emergency medical transportation
* Non-emergency medical transportation
* Air ambulance transportation
* Air ambulance transportation in state
* International air ambulance service world-wide
* Commercial medical escort service
* Long distance medical transportation for the elderly
* Long distance ambulance service
* State-to-State medical transport
* Air medical services
What You Need To Know About Medical Transport Services!
Planning will be one of the key words if you require some kind of medical transport. Choosing the best ambulance provider can not only be confusing but frustrating plus difficult decisions you will have to make. Some of the factors you will be facing are costs, access and quality. If you need an air ambulance, what do you know about the plane, the pilot, crew, hospitals, rehab centers, private residences and other care facilities. Will the patient be provided bedside-to-bedside care? Will a nurse or medical team member who are licensed and knowledgeable be with the patient from start to finish?
Does the medical transport company you hire have minimum or maximum mileage restrictions? When long distance is require some medical transports will have a 200 mile minimum. Also, if you are not sure and have questions about Medicaid medical transport, the Code of Federal Regulations requires all States to specify that the Medicaid agency will ensure necessary transportation for beneficiaries to and from the provider and describe the method being used to honor this requirement. To help you out, here is emergency and non-emergency medical transportation defined:
* An emergency is any event that puts the health and life of a Medicaid beneficiary at serious risk without immediate treatment. Medicaid will reimburse emergency transportation transports when the furnish services to eligible folks to Medicaid rules. Medicaid will also pay transportation costs for eligible folks to and from appointments. However, since Medicaid fraud schemes are a serious concern it should be known that jail time and heavy fines would be the end result if caught.