#online #courses #for #medical #terminology, #online #course #class #video #tutorial #hd #training #certification #continuing #education #accredited #ceu #certificate #terminology #medical #language #terms #healthcare #coding #billing #transcription #industry #occupations #allied #health #learning #distance #vocabulary #test #prep #anatomy #physiology #doctors #nurses #lpn #disease #diagnostic #tests #support #staff #physician #s #secretary #hospital #administrator #dentists #body #system #dynamics #receptionists #word #roots #prefixes #jobs #science #careers #pronunciation #software #latin #greek #vital #signs #palpation #auscultation #physical #examination #suffixes #expert #instruction #make #money #teaching #guide #help #tutor #knowledge
Medical Terminology 101
This medical terminology course covers the medical language and terminology used by health care professionals everywhere.
If you’re interested in pursuing a health and science career requiring the ability to communicate with physicians, dentists, or other medical professionals, this class will meet all your needs.
In easy to review lessons, you’ll find our user-friendly format will not only give you a solid foundation in medical language, but can be completed in less than 25 days. Through well-written and concise rich text, pictures, diagrams, HD Video, and interactive assignments and exams, this course teaches you how to analyze individual medical word parts such as prefixes, suffixes and word roots. This course also covers body system dynamics, medical language, body orientation, health, wellness, and disease terms. You will learn the basic components of medical terminology as it relates to each body system as well as the instruments used in assessment.
This course is ideal if you are.
- working with doctors, nurses, or other medical personnel
- interested in pursuing a career in medical transcription, medical billing or medical coding
- looking to become a physician’s secretary or medical support staff
- need a review or extra tutoring for your anatomy and physiology classes
- want a jump start in the medical field before starting college
- interested in learning the latest in medical language
You can begin today–enroll right now!
Learn and recognize word roots, prefixes, and suffixes used in medical language today. Learn how to combine words to create meaningful medical conditions as well as comprehend their definition and know the correct spelling. In this medical terminology course, we’ll cover medical terms related to all major body systems, including: muscular system, skeletal system, respiratory system, circulatory system, digestive system, reproductive system, and urinary system. Whether are new to the medical profession, or you just need a refresher class, this medical terminology course is for you!
Lesson 1: Medical Basics
This lesson will identify basic body systems, medical terms, and vital signs; distinguish between symptoms and disease; determine the specialty of care by identifying the meaning of the word root and much more.
Lesson 2: Basic Word Roots, Prefixes, and Suffixes
This lesson will define word roots, prefixes, and suffixes; provide an understanding of how to analyze and construct medical terms from their component part and much more.
Lesson 3: Human Body Orientation
This lesson will define anatomy and physiology, recognize anatomic position, familiarize students with planes of the body, equip students with the ability to locate parts of the body based on the descriptive orientation terms, and much more.
Lesson 4: The Human Body in Health and Disease
This lesson will recognize terms related to the pathology of cells, tissues, and glands; types of disease, and modes of disease transmission; recognize different medical specialties and specialists; and much more.
Lesson 5: The Cardiovascular System
The Cardiovascular System.
Lesson 6: The Digestive System
The Digestive System.
Lesson 7: The Lymphatic System
The Lymphatic System.
Lesson 8: The Musculoskeletal System
The Musculoskeletal System.
Lesson 9: The Nervous System
The Nervous System.
Lesson 10: The Respiratory System
The Respiratory System.
Lesson 11: The Skin and Sense Organs
The Skin and Sense Organs.
Lesson 12: Endocrine System, Urinary System
Let’s study the Endocrine System and Urinary System.
Lesson 13: Male and Female Reproductive Systems
In-depth look of the Male and Female Reproductive Systems.
Lesson 14: Examination and Instrumentation
This lesson will describe the techniques of inspection, palpation, percussion and auscultation; and identify and understand various instruments utilized in a physical examination as they relate to specific body parts.
Lesson 15: Final Exam
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Course Title: Medical Terminology 101
Course Number: 8900158
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define and recognize basic word roots, prefixes, and suffixes.
- Describe human body orientation.
- Describe the human body in health and disease.
- Recognize and define terms relating to the cardiovascular system.
- Recognize and define terms relating to the digestive system.
- Recognize and define terms relating to the lymphatic system.
- Recognize and define terms relating to the musculoskeletal system.
- Recognize and define terms relating to the nervous system.
- Recognize and define terms relating to the respiratory system.
- Recognize and define terms relating to the skin and sense organs.
- Recognize and define terms relating to the endocrine system and urinary systems.
- Recognize and define terms relating to the male and female reproductive systems, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
- “I enjoyed the videos because they gave me a better understanding and a better ability to pronounce the words. Very good course, very organized, and got a very satisfied student.” — Victoria P.
- “What was most helpful were the videos.” — Roberto P.
- “The whole class helped me a great deal. Thanks For Everything. ” — Angela B.
- “Good experience-would take another class and may do so soon.” — Robin F.
- “I like the way words were highlighted, and questions asked were clear and concise. Excellent class. I enjoyed it very much. ” — Joyce C.
- “I liked the idea of having a quiz at the end of each session. The assignments were very good as the more I researched the more I wanted to learn. The instructor was very prompt with email responses and informative.” — Mary Anne B.
- “What was most helpful was the organized content and easy to follow instructions.” — niharika K.
- View More Testimonials.