Jobs at the Bee News | Sacbee.com The Sacramento Bee
Current Job Openings at The Bee
The Sacramento Bee, an equal opportunity employer, is committed promoting diversity within our drug and alcohol free workplace.
Multimedia Sales Executives
The Sacramento Bee is looking for sales superstars who have experience in the digital marketing space. Ideal candidates are strategic thinkers who excel at developing and maintaining relationships with prospects and clients across organizations, effective at delivering the company’s value proposition and has a strong track record of presenting ROI based solutions. Our openings cover multiple categories of business including auto, grocery, and political advertising.
Other desired skill sets include: Utilizes a consultative sales process that not only closes business but provides value and solutions for clients; generates a pipeline of prospects and continually moves opportunities through the sales funnel; and successfully works as part of a team and thrives independently.
A successful candidate will possess:
- At least 5 years of sales experience, 3 yrs. in media sales and prior digital sales or newspaper advertising experience needed. Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred
- The ability, comfort and confidence to present and sell digital solutions
- Demonstrated success using a consultative sales process, in selling multiple categories of business and developing strategy/solutions to meet client needs – this includes creating and delivering strong, relevant sales presentations and being able to close a sale
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with daily deadlines where multi-tasking is critical
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated and driven and excel at networking and relationship building
We need an experienced hunter/prospector sales professional who loves the consultative sales process and who can hit the ground running. You must have a good driving record and vehicle insurance.
The starting base pay for the position is $45,000 to $55,000 annually (depending on experience) plus commission. The Sacramento Bee, an equal opportunity employer, is committed to promoting diversity within our drug and alcohol free workplace.
Qualified candidates should email their cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to [email protected]
The Sacramento Bee, the region’s leading multi-media company, has an immediate opening for an experienced Transportation Shift Manager in its Production Division.
As the Transportation Manager, the successful candidate directs and coordinates activities and projects in conjunction with all products associated with transportation and it distribution services. Also, this role has the responsibility for acquisition of automotive equipment and the day-to-day operation and maintenance of The Bee’s fleet of vehicles. The Transportation Manager supervises a staff of 40 to 45 employees.
- Coordination and delivery of State, Home Delivery and Single Copy products and customer deliveries
- Ensuring all DOT, state, federal and other regulatory requirements and standards are maintained and that vehicles are maintained and in safe operating condition
- Responsible for day-to-day operation of the division including reporting, analysis, evaluations and payroll
- Implementing operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate late deliveries and improve customer service
- Ensuring that employees are updated on all new safety, training, and company policy changes
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four -year college or university, or a minimum of two year’s management experience and/or training within the transportation environment
- Must be familiar with the Department of Transportation safety regulations
- Basic automotive training in service and repair
- Prior management experience needed
- Computer skills and knowledge of standard software programs and Google mail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Current valid commercial license beneficial
The Sacramento Bee offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and vacation.