# #windstream, #internet
How to Connect Your Satellite Dish to Your TV
Thursday, July 28, 2016
You have your TV, dish, dish receiver and cables, now you just need to snap your fingers and the magical satellite genie will assemble everything, right? Well not quite; as you have probably learned, there are a lot of different pieces and the instructions aren’t always the best. Most providers including Windstream offer professional installation on all digital TV packages. However, if for whatever reason you choose to do the installation yourself, this article will help you get started and put you on your way to enjoying your new satellite TV service.
Prerequisites for Connecting Your DISH
First, make sure your TV is in its desired location, moving it after it’s connected can be a hassle. Next, determine where you want to place your dish; on your roof or in the ground. If you decide to place it in the ground it will need to be mounted on a stand. When positioning your dish, it should ideally face a direction where there aren’t any trees or power lines in the way, this will reduce the chance of any problems with your signal occurring.
Connecting Your Satellite Dish to Your TV
Now it’s time to pull out the coaxial cable and HDMI cable that you should have been given when you bought your dish. Follow the simple steps below to connect your dish to your TV:
- Connect one end of the coaxial cable to the back of your satellite dish labeled “LNB”
- Connect the other end of the coaxial cable to your satellite receiver in the port marked “Sat in”.
- Next, connect one end of the HDMI cable to the ‘output’ port in the back of the satellite.
- Plug the other end of the HDMI cable in to your TV (not your dish receiver). Most televisions have more than one HDMI port, so choose the one you prefer.
- Finally, turn on your TV and press the satellite button on your remote. If everything is connected correctly you should see a signal. If your signal seems weak, try re-positioning your satellite to get a better signal.
Following these simple steps will help you connect your satellite dish to your TV in no time at all!
Subscribe to our blog
- Small Business